Its harder to teach kids about money today because:
- They rarely see physical cash; &
- How kids spend money is changing. More money is being spend online, through things like games and music, as opposed to physical products.
So in this podcast episode I talk to Mario Hasanakos one of the co-founders of Spriggy an Australian initiative designed to teach kids about money using 21st century techniques.
We will be covering:
- Why kids from age 6 should have a Visa Debit card
- When to start pocket money & how much to give
- How to help kids set financial goals; &
- Lots more
I hope you enjoy this episode as much as I loved recording it.
The information (including taxation) provided in this blog is general in nature and does not consider your individual circumstances or needs. Do not act until you seek professional advice and consider the Product Disclosure Statement. The author, Adele Martin, is a Certified Financial Planner at Firefly Wealth which is an Authorised Representative of RI Advice Group ABN 23 001 774 125 AFSL 238429. The views expressed in the blog are solely those of the author, they are not reflective or indicative of RI licensees’ position and are not attributed to RI Advice Group. They cannot be reproduced in any form without the written consent of the author.