Very excited to have Todd Hearne on today
Todd is a partner of a WSC Group a national accounting firm
Todd has nearly 2 decades worth of tax experience and will be talking today about investment properties.
One of my big bugbears is that people often assume they can just buy a property and that will solve their money problems and be all they need to do to build wealth.
As highlighted in this episode that’s not the case.
We talk about the fact you need a strategy and to know how it fits into your individual circumstances
We will chat about:
- Some of the common terms used with investment property eg what does negative gearing actually mean,
- Potential tax benefits from owning property,
- Some of the risks in owning property & how to reduce these
- Why it’s important to think about who will own property e.g joint names, one partner, trust etc
Also here’s a list of the links we spoke about in this episode:
- If you want to connect with Todd further – https://wscgroup.com.au/page/todd-hearne
- If you want to learn more about Self Managed Super Funds (SMSF) then make sure you listen to episode 6 of The Savings Squad podcast – www.adelemartin.com/tss-06-self-managed-super-fund-smsf-yeah-or-nah/
The information (including taxation) provided in this blog is general in nature and does not consider your individual circumstances or needs. Do not act until you seek professional advice and consider the Product Disclosure Statement. The author, Adele Martin, is a Certified Financial Planner at Firefly Wealth which is an Authorised Representative of RI Advice Group ABN 23 001 774 125 AFSL 238429. The views expressed in the blog are solely those of the author, they are not reflective or indicative of RI licensees’ position and are not attributed to RI Advice Group. They cannot be reproduced in any form without the written consent of the author.