Am I allowed to have a favourite episode … or is it like confessing who your favourite child is (Mum and Dad it’s ok, I know I’m the favourite)
This episode is all about the FIRE movement. No, we are not talking about arson or anything like that … we are talking about the acronym Financial Independence Retire Early.
In this episode, we interview Aussie FireBug (who wants to remain anonymous) about all things FIRE including:
- What his definition of independence is
- Why the fire movement is becoming more popular
- How he managed to save an incredible 60% of his income
- What his investment strategy is and why this has changed over the last few years
- What is he going to do with all his time when he reaches independence and stops work
Heres a link to there resources we spoke about:
- Aussie Fire Bugv- https://www.aussiefirebug.com/
- Mr Money Mustache – https://www.mrmoneymustache.com/
- APRA announcement on interest only loans – https://www.apra.gov.au/media-centre/media-releases/apra-remove-interest-only-benchmark-residential-mortgage-lending
- The Savings Squad Episode 2: What You Need to Know When Investing https://adelemartin.com/tss-02-what-you-need-to-know-when-investing/
- The Savings Squad Episode 7: Living More Consciously https://adelemartin.com/tss-07-live-more-consciously/
- My Money Buddy : https://adelemartin.com/mymoneybuddy/
The information (including taxation) provided in this blog is general in nature and does not consider your individual circumstances or needs. Do not act until you seek professional advice and consider the Product Disclosure Statement. The author, Adele Martin, is a Certified Financial Planner at Firefly Wealth which is an Authorised Representative of RI Advice Group ABN 23 001 774 125 AFSL 238429. The views expressed in the blog are solely those of the author, they are not reflective or indicative of RI licensees’ position and are not attributed to RI Advice Group. They cannot be reproduced in any form without the written consent of the author.