Today we are interviewing recruiter extraordinaire Sharon Vandermeer founder of On The Ball Personnel.
She has recently helped in our recruitment and not only did it save us time but it also meant we got an incredible new talent member that is fitting into our team beautifully.
Over Sharon’s 20 plus year career she has seen over 100,000 resumes and has lost count of how many people she has interviewed as there has been so many !!
Today we are going to tap into that wealth of experience and answer questions like:
- Why employers should use a recruitment firm
- How she find candidates
- What employers should have in their job ad
- What you need to include (and not include) in your resume
- How to write a killer cover letter
- How to answer some of the tricky questions employers ask like “what are your weaknesses”
- The 1 or 2 great questions candidates can ask employers in an interview (I loved these)
Heres are links to some of the resources we spoke about:
- Use Grammarly to pick up on errors on your resume and cover letter: https://app.grammarly.com/
- Connect with Sharon further here: www.ontheballpersonnel.com.au
- How to Nail an Interview – Cheat Sheet for Employees
- How to Prepare for the Interview Process – Cheat Sheet for Employers
The information (including taxation) provided in this blog is general in nature and does not consider your individual circumstances or needs. Do not act until you seek professional advice and consider the Product Disclosure Statement. The author, Adele Martin, is a Certified Financial Planner at Firefly Wealth which is an Authorised Representative of RI Advice Group ABN 23 001 774 125 AFSL 238429. The views expressed in the blog are solely those of the author, they are not reflective or indicative of RI licensees’ position and are not attributed to RI Advice Group. They cannot be reproduced in any form without the written consent of the author.