Of all the interviews I have done this is the one I have learnt the most from.
Massive thanks to Luke James from The IT Wellness Pro for this episode.
Luke certainly scared me by sharing all the things that can go wrong in the digital age (things like identity theft OR loosing all our photos and memories)
But luckily he also shares steps we can take to easily avoid disaster.
In the episode we cover lots including:
- The most common reason people are hacked online (you are probably doing this)
- The 3 things a virus (malware) can do to your computer (scariest one was it can lurk in background watching you type in your passwords !!) & what are some good virus software you can use to prevent this
- Why you need to be careful using public WIFI & how you can safely use internet especially when travelling overseas
- Easy ways we can back up our computer and phone so we can protect things like our photos and memories; &
- Loads more
Here are some of the programs Luke mentions:
- Ublock Origin
- Cloud – https://www.carbonite.com/
- Windows Local – https://www.veeam.com/windows-endpoint-server-backup-free.html
- Mac Local – Time Machine https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT201250
- Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Back and Sync.
Reduce Spam Emails
- Captchas on contact forms
- 3rd party spam block MXGuarddog and Spam experts
- Use GSuite or Office 365
Want to connect with Luke further
The information (including taxation) provided in this blog is general in nature and does not consider your individual circumstances or needs. Do not act until you seek professional advice and consider the Product Disclosure Statement. The author, Adele Martin, is a Certified Financial Planner at Firefly Wealth which is an Authorised Representative of RI Advice Group ABN 23 001 774 125 AFSL 238429. The views expressed in the blog are solely those of the author, they are not reflective or indicative of RI licensees’ position and are not attributed to RI Advice Group. They cannot be reproduced in any form without the written consent of the author.