Today I interview our super star Money Coach James Smith. James has over a decade worth of experience in financial planning and use to run his own practice so we are super lucky to have him in our team.
James heads up our investment committee (you should see his spreadsheets … you will have spreadsheet envy !!).
But today’s episode is all about insurance. I know its a little morbid but its something James and I are both passionate about as we have personally seen the impact of not having insurance after both our fathers had cancer multiple times. We also unfortunately know its not just something you need when you are old with both of us having friends in who were only in their 30’s have major cancers.
We cover lots in this episode including:
- The different types of insurance & whether you need all of them: Death/ Life, Total and Permanent Disablement (TPD), Income Protection and Trauma
- Whether you should have in your super fund or not
- Whats wrong with the cover you automatically get in your super fund or the ones you see on TV
- Why you shouldn’t wait until your pregnant to get cover
- What you can do to make it more affordable
- How to choose an insurer
If reviewing your insurance has been on your TO DO LIST then reach out to see how we might be able to help. Email email@example.com
The information (including taxation) provided in this blog is general in nature and does not consider your individual circumstances or needs. Do not act until you seek professional advice and consider the Product Disclosure Statement. The author, Adele Martin, is a Certified Financial Planner at Firefly Wealth which is an Authorised Representative of RI Advice Group ABN 23 001 774 125 AFSL 238429. The views expressed in the blog are solely those of the author, they are not reflective or indicative of RI licensees’ position and are not attributed to RI Advice Group. They cannot be reproduced in any form without the written consent of the author.